Tuesday, June 24, 2014

Love Does by Bob Goff

Okay so it's been way too long since my last post, which means I have no time for reading in my life. Well my dearest friend/roommate suggested Love Does for me to read for my next book, so you know what, I read it. If you have not read this book, PLEASE DO immediately.

After reading this book I am just want to meet the author and be his friend. This guy works at Disneyland on Tom Sawyers island AND established the Restore Leadership Academy in Uganda, I'd say he's pretty neat. And these are just a few neat qualities. This book is about Bob's journey of love for our Father, family, and anyone he meets along the way. Love Does is full of stories; stories that will make you laugh, cry, and examine your own life. Bob taught me that this love we are commanded to have is being present and sacrificing things because this type of love is costly. Sometimes I put God into a box and put limits on His love, but after reading this I see that there are no limits for His love only I, as a human am limited. God is all powerful, full of grace and everlasting love and if I'm not showing that to others in my own life I am weakening my own faith. I highly encourage this book, it's a quick read and I promise you will learn so so much! I'll leave you with one of my favorite lines in the book.

"I used to think I could shape circumstances around me, but now I know Jesus uses circumstances to shape me." 

1 comment:

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.