Friday, May 2, 2014

From The Small Screen, To The Big Screen, To A New Book Series

While stressing out over finals I decided to take a break. It's been a while since I've read anything for fun so I decided I wanted a nice, easy read to take my mind of things. I discovered Veronica Mars: The Thousand Dollar Tan Line. For those of you who have not heard about or seen Veronica Mars it was a T.V show that lasted for 3 seasons back in the early 2000s. Unfortunately it was canceled, but this year they were finally able to get enough money to produce a movie, and now the creator, Rob Thomas is co-writing a new book series. Veronica Mars is basically your modern-day hardboiled detective, and I highly recommend the show if you haven't seen it. For those of you that have seen the show and the movie I highly recommend this book. It picks up shortly after where the movie leaves of as Veronica returns to life as a private eye. I was pleasantly surprised as to how the feel of the show was translated to this new medium so well. It has wit, humor, suspense, and basically everything you could want from anything Veronica Mars. The plot follows Veronica as she tries to figure out what happened to two young girls who have gone missing while on spring break in Neptune, California. I won't give anything else away, but I couldn't put the book down. I wouldn't deem the novel a great work of literature or anything, but it was entertaining, a really fun read, and essential to anyone who likes Veronica Mars.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.