I haven't contributed anything yet and since I actually read a real book, I thought I'd share...
A couple weeks ago I was reading my Social Psychology textbook preparing for a test, when a studying rage quit of epic proportions happened (I did finally pick up that textbook yesterday for the first time in a week). After a long hiatus from reading enjoyable books, I decided that I had to read something that wasn't talking about theories or medical terms. I looked through several shelves full of books I haven't read yet, but none of them jumped out at me. I found a box full of my books I packed from Dallas and saw The Outsiders. When I opened it up, I saw all my annotations from when we had to read it in seventh grade, and remembered I enjoyed it a lot. I decided to give it a go again. I successfully made it all the way through the book, which doesn't always happen with me.
I know a lot of you have probably read this book, but if you haven't, read it! It's a short, easy read. It's a great story about how families and friends stick together to get through life. I'm not recommending walking around trying to get in fights with shanks like they do, but there's a lot of great lessons that come from this book. And who doesn't want to read a book about people named Ponyboy and Sodapop. I think my favorite part/plot of the book is the relationship between Ponyboy and his oldest brother, Darry, who works to support their family after their parents died. Pony thinks Darry hates him, when in reality he's just trying to help him achieve his potential. My second favorite part was wondering what in the world I was thinking with the annotations I wrote in seventh grade. Good to know I've at least learned a little since then!
There's a second book called That Was Then, This Is Now and I'll definitely be reading it after this semester is over!
Alyssa/WB
No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.